Monday, March 26, 2012

Why?

Why am I writing this blog?

Every summer my friends and I try to find new swimming holes. We have a few favorites that we go to regularly, but it's always nice to find somewhere new. Problem is, there aren't a lot of resources for finding good swimming spots and more importantly for finding information regarding legality, accessibility, how busy, flora/fauna and all the other things you want to know before driving a couple hours to find a place.

So, I thought I would start by sharing what I've found, both in real life and on the internet, and hopefully starting a dialog where you can let me know what you've found.

I'm also interested in good hiking spots where there's a nice view to picnic.

I live in Nashville, and I am primarily interested in places that can be reached within 2 hours drive. However, if there's a particular gem farther away, I'd love to hear about it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment